Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Thursday, October 20, 2011

31 days of Horror Nerd Indoctrination- Day Twenty: Holidays

    Holidays may seem like a weird thing for horror nerds but I got some reasons. I am also a little more influenced by the grog than usual and decided I want to go to a party so this may be a quick entry.
      Two of the main ones are Christmas and birthdays. The main reason, presents.  I have gotten some bad ass things as gifts for both these days. Today in fact Gabe Nye brought me a late birthday present which was the Maniac soundtrack from Mondo. I came awesome all over my pants. In the past I have gotten some amazing movies and gifts.  Gabe Nye also got me a official reproduction of Jason's mask one year for Christmas. I don't mean your bullshit Toys R Us replicas. This shit is ceramic and awesome. I have gotten Ghoul records from Jimmy Caution, Expensive ass boxsets like the Buffy box from Steph Infection and The Serial Mom Cereal box from Jacob Von Klingele. I could go on all day but I have drinks calling my name so lets get to the second part of the list.  Holiday horror movies.  Pretty much every holiday has some and these are just some of my favorites.


Valentine's Day:

My Bloody Valentine
My Bloody Valentine 3D

St. Patrick's Day:

Leprechaun (all of them)

Easter:

Critters 2
Easter Bunny Kill! Kill!
Passion of the Christ
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

4th of July:

Jaws
Cape Fear
Uncle Sam

Halloween:

Halloween (All of them)
Spaced Invaders
Night of the Demons (All of them)
Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Ginger Snaps
Trick or Treat
Trick R' Treat
Ernest Scared Stupid
Lightning Bug
Pet Sematery 2

Christmas:

Black Christmas
Christmas Evil
Silent Night Deadly Night (All of them)
Gremlins
Elves
Jack Frost (Both)
Santa's Sley
Treevenge
Sint
Rare Exports

New Year's Day:

New Year's Evil
Terror Train

Thanksgiving:

Blood Freak
Thanksgiving (Trailer: Eli Roth)
Thankskilling

Birthday:

Bloody Birthday
Happy Birthday to Me

April Fool's Day:

April Fool's Day



    I know there are a lot more. These are ones that I have traditions of watching. A theme night is always awesome, especially when it involves death and mayhem.


Tromeric

2 comments:

Direct to Video Connoisseur said...

Great list! I particularly love that you included April Fools Day, because I'm partial to that holiday, it being my birthday and all.

Guts and Grog Reviews said...

April Fools is sweet except all the posts that sites do as April Fools jokes end up pissing me off when I realize they aren't real. Last year Bloody Disgusting posted that they were gonna make a movie out of Count Chocula and it was all a sham. I almost cried. Thanks though man. Glad you liked it. It was on a rush as I last minute decided to go to a party.