Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

31 days of Horror Nerd Indoctrination- Day Five: Lists



    Lists. Such a simple act that you may overlook, but think about it. Lists are involved in a huge way for me at the grog. I make lists pretty much on a daily basis, whether it is a particular list like top fifty horror sequels or just listing what I have watched and need to knock a few back so I can review.  I have been making lists as long as I remember. I consistently have notebooks in my bag with titles like movies to buy, movies to watch, music, books.  I have to write this shit down when I see a trailer or read about it in Horror Hound. Lists save me the way technology didn't save Steve Jobs(to soon?).  
     Here is a list a made a few years ago of my top fifty horror films. It is a bit outdated but you get the idea.

Top Fifty Horror Films

50. The Grapes of Death
49. The Willies
48. 2000 Maniacs
47. Murder Set Pieces
46. The Convent
45. C.H.U.D. 2:Bud the Chud
44. Popcorn
43. Ghoulies 3: Ghoulies go to College
42. Bad Taste
41. A Nightmare on Elm St 3: Dream Warriors
40. Friday the 13th 4: The Final Chapter
39. Sleepaway Camp
38. Basket Case
37. Puppet Master
36. The Exorcist
35. Creature from the Black Lagoon
34. Night of the Creeps
33. Tremors
32. Inside
31. The Evil Dead
30. Trick r' Treat
29. Wolf Creek
28. Dellamorte Dellamore
27. The Toxic Avenger
26. Nekromantik
25. Re-Animator
24. Zombi 2
23. Street Trash
22. Trick or Treat
21. Day of the Dead
20. Fire in the Sky
19. The Monster Squad
18. The Devils Rejects
17. The Thing(John Carpenter)
16. Hellraiser
15. Psycho
14. Return of the Living Dead
13. Pumpkinhead
12. Killer Klowns from Outerspace
11. Maniac
10. The Manson Family
9. Henry: Portrait of a serial Killer
8. The Deadly Spawn
7. Last house on the Left
6. Suspira
5. Cannibal Holocaust
4. Let the right one in
3. Audition
2. Phantasm
1. Halloween/The Texas Chainsaw Massacre



    Over the years I have made lists for many reasons. Some because I was asked to, some for the grog, a lot of times though. I just do it for the fuck of it.  I cannot count the times I sat in a smokey ass diner drinking coffee with Gabe Nye the Science Guy, Jacob Von Klingele, Jeremy Gaulkenstein and even Steph Infection for no other god damn reason than. Hey I wonder what my top fifty horror films would be right now.  
    Lists are not just something I enjoy writing. I enjoy reading them just as much. Any time I find a new website or blog if I see they have lists it is the first thing I go for. There is just something about seeing things counted down that attracts me. I guess it's a fetish. You can learn a lot about someone by how they place the Friday the 13th franchise in order.  I even bought a book dedicated to horror lists. Yeah I did shit my pants when I saw it.
Tromeric

No comments: