Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

30 Day Horror Challenge day 13

     Day thirteen which is the best day as we are not doing the 666 day horror challenge.  Today we attack the horror comedy.  One of the harder genres to nail as everything has to be weighed out just right or it just doesn't work.  I can't count how many times horror comedy's end up not working as the balance is so tricky.  However there have been some great entries into the genre.  Shaun of the Dead is great and although its high on my list it didn't quite make the cut.  I may be one of the few but I love Club Dread but again not today.  When I think about horror comedy for my money(which isn't much after I return from the liquor store) you can't beat Joe Dante and most importantly.....

    The Burbs is a classic and is played like a who the fuck are my crazy neighbors film should be.  I never get sick of this Tom Hanks in by far his best role(wheres the Oscar for this fascists?) and all the suporting cast is amazing.  Corey Feldman, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher, Brother Theodore, Dick Miller, Courtney Malachai Gains and so many more.  This is a movie that no matter how pissed or sad or drunk I am I can put in and will have uncontrollable laughing fits.  Not to mention there is a surprising amount of tension trying to figure out just how fucked up the neighbors are. 


Tromeric

No comments: