Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Friday, April 15, 2011

30 Day Horror Challenge day 23

    Only one week to go on this challenge. We are at TV movie. A tricky but overall fun genre.  A made for TV movie has some aesthetic about it that I generally enjoy.  The 70's and 80's brought some of the best with Dark Night of the Scarecrow, Trilogy of Terror,  Gargoyles, New York Ripper,  both Wes Craven and John Carpenter have dabbled in the TV world with pretty entertaining results.  Today we see the onslaught of SyFy's creature movies that are generally bad ass.  I almost went with Sharktopus as my choice but all the other croc's, gator's, sharks, and any other creature you can think of are a good watch with some friends and beer.  There is of course one man who holds the record for made for TV and that is Mr. Stephen "Watch out for that car" King.  Who can forget Pennywise or Barlow.  Storm of the Century was great and I even enjoyed The Stand and The Tommyknockers.  The list goes on but the one that stands out for me and I still remember watching when it first aired was....
     This has it all. Greasers, cool cars, amazing hair, zombies and the story just sucks you in instantly, not to mention it spawed the best sequel titles since Breakin and City Slickers. F.K.U. named their sophomore record after it and it rocks my balls off.


Tromeric

1 comment:

Mr. Gable said...

I'm waiting until I find a copy of Sometimes They Come Back..For More so I can watch all 3 of them. They look pretty awesome.