Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Sunday, April 10, 2011

30 Day Horror Challenge day 17

     Remakes.  Overall a bunch of shit.  Of course there have been some greats. The Thing, Last house on the Left, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Cape Fear.  These are all so good I don't feel the need to talk about them. Some of the new ones have been sweet, The Hills have Eyes, My Bloody Valentine and a few others.  One stands out for me and that is......
     I know a lot of people did not enjoy this as much as I did but with the cast. Wow.  Crispin Glover is a God, I will watch anything he does. I had the pleasure of meeting him at a screening of his film It is Fine and he was one of the nicest most interesting people I have met, not to mention the movie was amazing.  Seriously though. I love H.G. Lewis but I thought this was a great homage to the source material while sprucing it up and almost turning it into a noir film.  The gore in it is amazing which is important with a name like Wizard of Gore.  I am really drunk, went to a show and just returned and have to be up for work in five hours so that is about all I can muster up on the subject, but what else do you need?

Tromeric

1 comment:

Mr. Gable said...

I need to see this. I have the original sitting at home waiting to be watched.

I didn't know Jeffrey Combs was in this! That's so awesome.