Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween- John Carpenter

     I woke up this morning way earlier than necessary as I spent last night out at the strip club with old friends before watching a few late night episodes of River Monsters.  What will today bring was my question within seconds of waking up. I could go out movie and figure hunting, I could go see some films at the theater,  I could clean my house or do something else productive.  Well I decided fuck all that I will poor myself a bowl of Count Chocula, watch all ten Halloween films, and wait for my package from diabolik DVD. Anytime I do any lengthy marathon I always am so excited when I first start and by the end want to pull my hair out and choke myself with it.  I'm assuming this one will be the same but only time will tell.  Now onto the original classic that will never be touched, now I know that's what every good little boy thinks and many have been proven wrong but Halloween has made it some thirty something(not that sweet TV show) years and few films compare for me.


     Halloween has always and will always be one of my favorite horror films and one of my favorite films in general.  I have watched it so many times and it gets me every time.  The music, the pacing, the editing, just the all around feel of it and the fact that they made Cali feel like the Midwest during the fall.   I find it very difficult to review these classic films.  What can I say that hasn't been said?  If you are a horror fan you know how you feel about them.  My review is not gonna sell anyone on anything.
     With that said raise your glass in the air and salute this shit as if it were your shorts.  I am thankful to have Halloween and later on in the day will be wishing it was back on as I am suffering through the later installments that will question my sanity and may cause me to become a pissed off Trekkie that likes to kill bitches.

5/5

Tromeric



   

No comments: