Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Saturday, March 26, 2011

30 Day Horror Challenge day three

So we are at day 3 which is favorite slasher.  I have mixed feelings on this as it depends on how you want to define "slasher." I was thinking about putting Maniac or The Prowler as I absolutely love both of those films but I don't know if I quite consider them slasher films, I think of them more as body count films. Not Cop Killer Body Count but you get the point. Then there are of course the classics say Psycho, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Black Christmas. All great in their own right but still not quite where my brain goes when I just want a slash some bitches fun fest. I narrowed it down to Slumber Party Massacre, Sleepaway Camp 2: Unhappy Campers, and The Burning.  Now with those I have to pick one. This list thing is way harder then I expected.  Well my final choice is .....


I hate to use the same franchise I did for the first day but when I just want a slasher with amazing kills, great music and an amazing killer I always pop in this gem.  It is my idea of a perfect slasher and I always have the God Damn Happy Camper song stuck in my head for days.  

1 comment:

Micah said...

Your'e making me think about going back and watching this series again. I didn't remember thinking it was anything special when I first watched it (been years and years though).

My choice is one of the ones you mentioned...