Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

30 Day Horror Challenge day 7

     Day seven brings us supernatural film. I am right off the bat automatically narrow this down to ghost film as otherwise it is to vague for me and I have no fucking clue where to go. Ghost films are weird. Some are amazing but overall it is one of my least favorite sub genres.  Sure there have been some greats that people like William Castle have pumped out and I really liked The Others, I thought The Sixth Sense was a one trick pony similar to Blair Witch  or Paranormal Activity. The Eye was excellent and so was Ju-On and Ringu before Asians made me hate creepy kids with black hair.  In the end I narrowed it down to three. The Abandoned which is in my opinion one of the best of the After Dark films and after Aftermath I will watch anything  Nacho Cerda does. Next up is from far left field Ghost Dad. Now I know I will get a lot of argument for this but for my money Ghost Dad is a great film and makes me happy every time I watch it, plus it is way better than Leonard part 6.  I do understand that this is barley a horror film which is why opted for my final choice which is none other than Mr Mike I made The Convent and Real Killers Fucking Mendez's .......

    This movie blew me away and I would say is the best of the After Dark films. It has it all, it is creepy as fuck and witty as me(see what I did there?).  I live right next to a graveyard and sometimes I drunkenly end up in it.  The next day when I wake up covered in dirt and confused I always think of this and am like at least even drunk I know not to disrespect the dead. I cant promise however that I haven't danced on any graves which is why this movie scares the shart out of me.


Tromeric

No comments: