Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Paranormal Activity- Oren Peli


Lots hype surround this film, I heard about it a couple of years ago when it was on the festival Circuit. Then Paramount bought it with plans to remake it, then they did something that made me unleash the 36 chambers of my ass all over my downstairs neighbors face(flimsy floors). They said they couldn't do anything that would make it better, holy shit, I didn't realize studios had brains. Skip forward, it started off in 9 Cities, sold out every show, so they expanded, same thing happened, they expanded more, and finally went wide cuz a bunch of nerds know how to click buttons. I love the future. I knew I had to see this no matter what the outcome. Its a piece of history, i could already tell. Its becoming this Decades Blair witch. Is that a good thing? I don't know. It may have the same fate as Blair Witch. I went and saw this movie by myself with a pretty crowed auditorium. Was it scary? yes. Was it entertaining? Yes. Was it irritating being surrounded by a bunch of fat bitches eating their newest selection of bootlegged snacks? Yes. Ill stop Rambling, No Doobie Brothers here. Paranormal is everything that the hype says it is. But will it be the Second or third time? That I cant answer, yet, but I doubt it. I do highly suggest seeing it, It an experience that only comes along so often and if anything its a piece of history.

4/5

Eric

No comments: