Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Monday, April 21, 2014

Welcome to 2 Extremes

Here we are again. The third theme week here on Guts and Grog. I always have a blast hosting these. The amount of awesome such talented people are willing to let me share is an honor. It is also fun to get in there myself. I have been wanting to do this for a while now, but timing and life always get in the way. I decided it was time no matter what. I have slowly been getting this beast ready all month. As I mentioned earlier, I have some amazing guests this time. Some have helped in the past, some are breaking their grog theme cherry. It will go on for the next five days, and each day will bring you one or two write ups, as well as some art, and even a contest I know you are gonna want in on.

So what is the point of 2 Extremes? I wanted to try something different. I always love marathons and double features. I have done plenty in my day, whether it is fifty days of horror films, all the Robocop films while robotripping, or all ten Halloween films. I enjoy a challenge, so I liked the idea of matching two films that should not be consumed simultaneously.

Here is the description I sent out to all the contributors.

"Two Extremes. A double feature to confuse your senses. Unlike previous themes we have done, this has nothing to do with genre, or even a theme. Basically I want everyone to pick two movies that should not be watched together, and watch them together. Get creative. There are so many possibilities. You could go the shocking route and do "A Serbian Film with "Babe: Pig in the City" as the follow up. "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" with "Friend Green Tomatoes." "Glitter" with "Subconscious Cruelty." The ideas are limitless. Once decided which two, you will watch those and document your journey into insanity. Part review, part experience. Get creative. Have a bunch of people over, take photos of reactions, draw pictures, honestly, whatever you want. Just make it a memorable evening, and let the world read all about it."

I think that about sums it up. Thanks to everyone that has helped in any way. The contributors, the artists, everyone that has taken the time to share, and spread the word, and you, for reading and supporting. 

Enjoy the Week, and make sure you check out all the contributors other work. 

- Tromeric 

No comments: