Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Friday, September 9, 2011

C.H.U.D. - Douglas Cheek

     One of the great New York eighties classics.   This movie is so dirty and grimy and awesome. It is one that is forgot often but is always nice to revisit. Kind of like your neighbor that played the I"ll show you mine if you show me yours game with you. Since you were a kid you have seen many things that look better but she still always holds a place in your heart. 
     The effects in this are epic. The creatures have stayed in my brain since I was a child. I used to walk to the video store up the road from my house to rent this on a pretty regular basis and one thing I always remembered were the god damn hideous fucking Chud's.  Well here I sit drunk off my ass at thirty one and god damn they still creep me the fuck out.
     C.H.U.D. is strange as it is one you don't hear about often but everyone remembers. F.K.U. wrote a song about it, as my sentence four lines up insinuates it is used in  other films. Kevin Smith remembers C.H.U.D. as he makes several references to them in his films and I always see shirts and posters all over the place.  John Goodman has a small role as does Bushwhacked himself Danial Stern. The music is classic and I stand by C.H.U.D. If I was given the option to watch C.H.U.D. a hundred times while someone penetrated my dickhole with a toothpick or watch through the Saw films once I would have to think about it. So yeah, what I am trying to say is C.H.U.D. is bad ass. Is it as good as C.H.U.D. II? Check the next review to find out. See what I did there? I am like an episode of lost.

3.5/5

Tromeric

No comments: