Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Friday, April 1, 2011

Hobo with a Shotgun- Jason Eisener

     Rutger Hauer is in it? Its called Hobo with a Shotgun? I'm in.  This was pretty much my response when I first found out about this and after watching it I stand by it.
     Hobo is basic. He gets mad, gets a gun and starts taking on the city of shit.  Crooked cops, crime bosses, that dude who made bum fights you name it he will shoot them in their mother fucking face. 
     The difference I see with this and a lot of the faux grind house movies that have come out in the last few years is it seems like it could of been made back in the 80's.  It's over the top as shit and by shit I mean it arm wrestles and drives a semi.  The effects all are very practical and gory and awesome, the lighting is very reminiscent of Argento and the music keeps you pumped. I think the whole movie was just one big montage of awesome. 
     Hobo wont change anything, it doesn't really bring anything new to the table but for pure shits and giggles and bad ass killers, lawnmowers, dead kids, hookers and Trailer Park Boys it has served it right up on a silver platter for your sick viewing pleasure. 


4/5                 

Tromeric 

No comments: