Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Monday, April 11, 2011

30 Day Horror Challenge day 19

     The powers of hell and satanism.  Sweet. I do love me some Satan.  The thing about movies involving Satan, a lot of times they are bullshit and turn out recockulous.   A few examples of classic satanic films would be of course The Exorcist, The Devils, Hellraiser and Little Nicky. OK I may be full of shit with that last one.  The Underground has brought us some interesting entries with the likes of Jim Van Bebbers My Sweet Satan or Kenneth Angers Lucifer Rising or the Mexican classic Alucarda which is almost what I went with for this.  The eighties brought us some great ones with Night of the Demons but when all is said and done I had to go with one of my favorites, maybe not the best film ever made, but I can't help but love it.....
     I have said it many times but I loved Mike Mendez. I think he is one of the most underrated directors in the genre.  The Convent is an hour and a half of Satanists, Coolio, possession, Adrianne Barbeau and as the trailer says Nuns, Guns, and Gasoline.  How can you go wrong with that. Well you can't.

Tromeric

No comments: