Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Tromeric's Top 500: 325-301

325.

Stuart Gordon kills it again. Love the creature effects, and the overall atmosphere owns me. 

324.

Burton nails this biopic about everyone's favorite bad director. The entire cast is spot on. 

323.

One of the sequels that most hate, that I find myself in love with more and more each time. I know its flaws, but the kills, and the amazing soundtrack make up for it. 

322.

Another one of those movies I initially had no interest in seeing. Once I did, I laughed so hard I shit out of my nose. So many amazing lines. I need to revisit this one often. 

321.

A huge step up from Dead Hooker in a Trunk, which I also enjoyed, but the Soska Sister nailed it with Mary. The gore, the story, it all worked for me. 

320.

A very different picture for Scorsese. Dafoe owns it, as well as the rest of the cast. 

319.

I expected to be severely let down by this. Maniac is one of my favorite films ever, and I just wasn't sold it could be handled in a way that wouldn't piss me off. Goddamn, was I wrong. This is one of the best remakes I have ever seen. It stays true to the original,  but is also is its own flick. The soundtrack is one of the best in recent times, and Elijah Wood slays it.

318.

This feels so ahead of its time. Love getting lost in Fuller's world. 

317. 
This will always be the only Punisher movie to me. I know he doesn't have the skull, but I don't care, because he is Dolph mother fucking Lundgren. This was a staple in my action film love growing up, and it still holds up for me. Not saying the new ones are bad, but I will always swear by this one. 

316.

This came out of left field, and punched me right in the dick. So badass. I want that car so bad. 


315.

An homage to H.G. Lewis. Amazingly bad everything, yet so much fun. Don't smoke that weed, or you will turn into a turkey monster who thirsts for junky blood. 



314.

One of the first films that got me obsessed with the French new wave of horror. It was so pretty, yet disturbing. The music is great. The shock ending is a bit off putting, but the rest of it makes up for it.

313.

Still one of the best, if not the best transformation scenes ever. On top of that, it is hilarious, and entertaining from start to finish. 

312.

I found this VHS at a used shop. I knew nothing of it, I barley knew what South Park was at the time. I took it home, popped it in, and have been in love ever since. 

311.

The funniest modern comedy. Another one I had no expectation of liking, and ended up falling in love with. Holy shit! So many great moments, and Crispin Glover has me rolling on the floor every time. 

310.

It's crazy how many of these people have went on to become stars. I guess it really isn't when you watch this. Pretty much a perfect movie. 

309.

Atom Egoyan crafts a perfect mystery. Kevin Bacon is top notch, as well as the rest of the cast. 

308.

Definitely a staple in my teenage movie years. This helped turn me onto the world of bizarre independent cinema. While not my favorite of Araki's, or even of his teenage apocalypse trilogy, it is still one I have to revisit often. 

307.

Holy shit! Such a great King adaptation, and one of the best modern monster films. Also the ending is easily one of my favorites ever.

306.

Talk about over the top action. This is always a fun watch, and has some of the best gore ever. 

305.

Empire Pictures at their best. The effects, the cast, the dudes who are into metal. 

304.

I didn't think a movie could be more badass than The Raid, then I saw The Raid 2. 

303. 

I was obsessed with this after I first saw it as a child. At the time it was like nothing I had seen. 

302.

The creatures are so badass, and Barbra Crampton is so sexy. Sure Ken Foree goes down like Macaulay Culkin, but it's still badass.

301.

I love pretty much all Godzilla movies, but there is no denying the power of the original. So subtle, and such a slow burn, but it sucks me in every time.

No comments: