Guts and Grog Tooned Up

Monday, July 4, 2011

Uncle Sam- William Lustig

     It's the fourth of July and I had to celebrate. I don't join in on the usual activities. My fourth involves some inebriation, so BBQ and watching Bill Lustig's classic Uncle Sam. OK that my be close to the usual but I doubt these redneck fucks are watching sweet films. They are to busy celebrating being the smallpox champions and blowing shit up. That's murica I guess.
     Jody's uncle who coincidentally is named Sam gets sent home in a coffin. Jody finds out that his uncle was kind of a douche and maybe he shouldn't worship this hero(chefs definition of hero is a crazy person who runs into danger and doesn't die so he gets a medal and is told not to be crazy anymore).That is really all you need to know plot wise. What you do need to know is that there is  a kid in a wheelchair who is some kinda crazy wise man, Chef is crazy and has a wooden leg, they hang a kid like a flag( I would salute that flag, douche on a pole), and they cook up some head on the smoker. These are just a few of the highlights of this classic film from the decade where rotary phones were still on their last leg. 
     Not perfect but a fun ride and who can not love Bill Lustig and Larry Cohen teaming up?

3.5/5


Tromeric

No comments: